This exam is available for students with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability.
Through this dance exam, the students (depending on their circumstances) learn to coordinate and control their bodies and the movement helps them develop spatial awareness. It will also aid in their listening and understanding skills and make them feel more inclusive in the studio environment.
- Student to show a minimum of 4 and no more than 8 different exercises or movements (depending on ability)
- Exercises may be from the ADA syllabus or a variation of ADA work or own choreography to suit the ability of the student.
- Set music may be used or alternate music which inspires the student, may be selected.
- May be performed as a solo, pairs or in small groups.
- Students may wear studio attire, costume or comfortable clothing.
- The Teacher and any necessary assistance, may accompany the student(s) into the studio.
- Sensory needs may be adapted where necessary.
- NDIS approved in some circumstances.
- Time Allowance – 15 minutes for 1 student. If more than 1, add 5 minutes per student.
- At the completion of the Presentation Award, the Examiner will present the student with their Certificate and Ribbon.
- Photos may be taken at this time.
Please contact the office if you have any further queries.